Thursday, October 9, 2008

May i Prompt you....

I think writing prompts whether for poetry, short stories, novels, etc. are a invaluable tool for every writer. The mind is something that easily becomes overwhelmed with the tasks and responsibilities of everyday life which makes it hard for your creative and worthwhile thoughts to push their way to the forefront. Writing Prompts or Poetry Prompts are designed to help get your creative juices flowing!
I was observing a 12th grade AP Creative Non-Fiction writing class the other day and the teacher was actually doing writing prompts with the students. She was giving them the beginning of sentences like: The time I felt the happiest, the time I felt the happiest, the time I laughed so hard I cried, etc. And then the students would complete the sentences drawing from their memories. She then had them write about one of the stories from the list. She also had them each bring in a picture of one of their favorite memories and then they were to write the scene of their favorite memory. I thought she was very creative in trying to get their little minds working.

I think poetry promts rule!!!!!!!!!

No comments: